phpDVDProfiler history

Started by JMM, Friday, 22 April 2022, 02:45 UTC (GMT)

Previous topic - Next topic

JMM

The last version of phpDVDProfiler, v3.8.2.1, was released by Fred way back on 6 Mar 2014.  Since then, there have been no updates.

There have been alternatives since then, however, some of us think that there is nothing else available today that compares with phpDVDProfiler.

The problem is, phpDVDProfiler v3.8.2.1 was written for PHP v5 & MySQL v4.  But PHP is now up to v8, and MySQL is now also up to v8, however, phpDVDProfiler v3.8.2.1 works with neither of them.

There are probably more people than those I list here, but I stumbled upon a couple of websites, where I found modifications to the core phpDVDProfiler v3.8.2.1 files available for download, allowing phpDVDProfiler to run under PHP v7 & MySQL v8.

Thank you, Fred Whiteside, for a fantastic script.  And thank you, Julien Mudry, for updating phpDVDProfiler to work with the latest MySQL & pretty-recent PHP.
My PHP-Fusion 7.02.07 site running under Chrome-Fusion v2.00.03 (using PHP 7.2.0 with MySQL 8.0.28):
   • FusionWings.com (my MAIN site)

My PHP-Fusion 7.02.07 site running under PHP-Fusion IUP 1.6 (using PHP 8.1.0 with MySQL 8.0.28):
   • FusionWings.me (my TEST site)

My PHP-Fusion 7.02.07 site running under Chrome-Fusion v2.00.03 (using PHP 7.2.0 with MySQL 8.0.28):
   • PanAurora-Tech.com (my business site)

My phpDVDProfiler pages (using PHP 7.4.0 with MySQL 8.0.28):
   • My COINS
   • My MOVIES on DVD
   • My MOVIES on VIDEO
   • My TV Shows on VIDEO

My Other sites
   • GenealogyWings.com (my Family Tree main website)
   • GenealogyWings.me (my Family Tree test website)

FusionWings.com © Copyright 2008-2022 by John Mark Motyer